Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Windows 10 Optimization

After installing Windows 10, I reduced the number of services that start on boot up. This improves boot time (faster startup) and disables unneeded services that may cause problems. I disabled the services recommended on BlackViper.com web page: Windows 10 Service Configurations.
To view the services the author disabled, I selected Show/Hide Columns and checked only the related columns. For example, here are the columns I kept: Display Name, Service Name (Registry), DEFAULT Windows 10 Home, and "Tweaked". Then search for "*".
Also, over and above BlackViper.com's list, I stopped and disabled: Connected User Experiences and Telemetry, HomeGroup Provider, TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper, Windows License Manager Service, and Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
Click to see my disabled services: Disabled.

No comments :